Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A great gift for that special teacher

I am definitely in school mode. Sarah took the CAT yesterday and did well. I am prepping my son for preschool and my school room got a revamp this summer and it is almost complete. So needless to say I'm thinking and breathing school right now and because of it I came up with this little number. 
 A very fun little gift bag (you can't see it in the picture but the handle is made out of Jute Twine) with a coordinating thank you card. There will be 2 cards in the gift bag but I decided to only photo one. And the great thing about this set, I feel, is that it can be given to a man or woman. And not just elementary teachers, but Sunday School, Jr. High, High School, tutor, and even a college professor.
Seriously though, you can't go wrong giving a tasteful, practical, handmade with sincerity gift.
Look further down on the post for step by step instructions for the bag.

First you need a 6"x12" piece of Cardstock.

Take your score board and put your paper going 6" wide and 12" down. Score all the way down on 4-1/2".

Now turn your paper going 12" wide and 6" down.


 Score at 4, 5-1/2, 9-1/2, & 11

Cut slits as shown below


fold all your pieces so everything is pliable.

Bring together as shown below and adhere the lip to the inside of the box and glue down all the lip pieces on the bottom.


Happy Crafting and Gift Giving!



No comments:

Post a Comment